Cook Medical External Communications Generalist in bloomington, Indiana
The External Communications Generalist supports external corporate communications to promote an accurate public image of the company while helping to control the dissemination of information on Cook's behalf. Strong communication, copywriting and project management skills are required. This position responds quickly to incidents and engages with the media, customers and patients when needed.
• Develop effective external communication and engagement plans with the corporate communications team
• Coordinate Cook Medical public relations activities• Create external comms across channels to communicate a fair/accurate public image that protects and promotes the Cook brand and reputation
• Develop effective social media strategies with the corporate communications team, manage online communities, develop social content and implement change based on analytics• Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company website• Develop content distribution plans for communications materials• Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
• Monitor, analyze, and communcate PR results on a regular basis
• Develop product PR plans including strategy, goals, and tactics• Foster relationships with advocates and key persons• Help manage the reputation of the Cook brand by providing fair and accurate information to multiple audiences• Assist in communication of strategies/ messages from senior leadership
• Coordinate agency partnerships specific to Cook's products
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them • Project manage content approvals and external campaigns
• Follow internal approval procedure and materials retention policy• Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for othersthroughout various levels of the global organization• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements• Maintain regular and punctual attendance• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards• Must have effective oral, written and presentation communication skills• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative andindependent work situations and environments with minimal supervision• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications or related field• Previous experience in healthcare strongly preferred• Minimum 2 years work experience preferred• Social media campaign and project experience required• Proficient in major social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook,LinkedIn, Instagram and others
• Strong storytelling, editing and grammatical skills, with knowledge of APStyle• PR skills including writing, media relations, issues management andresponse• Solid knowledge of print and electronic media analysis tools• Proficient in use of word processing and presentation software
• Some possible travel including domestic and international• Works under general office environmental conditions• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working withcomputers, etc.• On call on nights and weekends when needed
Job Location(s)Bloomington IN United States
Position TypeFull Time
CompanyCook Medical Inc.