Cook Medical Payroll Specialist in bloomington, Indiana
The Payroll Specialist performs various payroll and accounting tasks including processing company payroll, providing timely and accurate financial information, reporting/analyzing of compensation data, and participate in daily data entry for both hourly and salary payrolls.
• Maintain the payroll processing function to include managing employee payroll/timesheet records, reviewing input for completeness, ensuring payroll systems are correctly updated in a timely fashion, maintaining centralized payroll/HR records, and overseeing distribution of paychecks• Ensure employee and HR change requests are correctly updated in Payroll system including changes in wages, tax status, withholdings, deductions, direct deposit and any other changes• Process terminations, leave buyout, out of sequence paycheck conditions, paycheck advance reimbursements, and involuntary deductions such as employee levies and garnishments• Compile information, make corrections and adjustments as needed to process payroll• Review and enter data from time sheets• Create payroll related reports for compensation analysis• Process hourly and salary payrolls
• Maintain confidential information• Assist with maintaining the integrity of the Fidelity database system• Manage workflow to ensure payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely• Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits• Execute eTime time and attendance processing and interface with payroll • Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization• Maintain regular and punctual attendance• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards• Must have effective oral and written communication skills• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• High School diploma or equivalent required• 4 year degree in Accounting or related field preferred• Minimum 2-5 years payroll processing experience• Extensive knowledge of general accounting practices and principles• Knowledge of Ceridian or an automated payroll system preferred• Working knowledge of payroll best practices
• Strong PC skills and must be proficient with Microsoft Office products• Basic math skills required• Data entry experience preferred• Efficient use of general business office equipment
• Works under general office environmental conditions.• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
Job Location(s)Bloomington IN United States
Position TypeFull Time
CompanyCook Shared Service