MPG Quality Engineer II-Plant in Bluffton, Indiana
We are AAM. We have the power to move the world.
At AAM, were looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Senior Quality Engineer - Launches
The Senior Quality Engineer has overall responsibilities for supporting the production teams and engineering staff. The successful candidate will work in a lean, fast-paced and rewarding work environment, where he/she will have the support and encouragement for developing a great career and achieving exceptional performance to help AAM reach its goals.
· Works with Corporate and Plant APQP team members on new programs.
· Supports any new equipment development and run-off certifications.
· Support team approach to the creation of new DFMEA s, PFMEA s and Control Plans for new programs.
· Ability to create 4-square timing charts for programs.
· Able to support multiple new programs.
· Develop launch certification plans (GP-12, etc.) for new programs.
· Work with customer Supplier Quality liaison for new programs.
· Champion team meetings to review risk assessments, lessons learned for new programs.
· Travel to prospective manufacturing sites to support launch requirements for new programs.
· Present program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
· Meet all Gate Review completion dates for Quality deliverables.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering degree preferred).
· 5 - 7 years of experience in advanced quality.
· Thorough understanding of Quality Systems (ISO/TS 16949).
· Knowledge of process conformance audits.
· Formal training in FMEA, APQP, PPAP, MSA and SPC.
· Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills and statistical ability.
· Computer skills utilizing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· High level of effective planning and organizational abilities.
· Ability to travel U.S. & International.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.#