Damar Services, LLC Ambassador (Front Desk Coordinator / Reception) Weekends only 7:30 AM to 11:30 PM in Indianapolis, Indiana
Remarkable People — We Are a Remarkable Team
At Damar, our people are remarkable. Our staff are dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you the training to help you not only provide the best service to our clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the opportunity to do remarkable work.
The Ambassador will be responsible for performing administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors. These activities include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, and faxing.
Quality Services/High Quality Staff
• Facilitates the efficient and professional handling of all incoming phone calls by maintaining updated client and employee rosters, daily “On Duty” management roster, and agency phone extension lists.
• Manages scheduled events in conference rooms by assisting employees with reservations, configuring rooms to host’s specifications and maintaining appearance of the rooms.
• Oversees utilization of agency vehicles by:
Ensuring appropriate documentation has been received and is thoroughly completed prior to releasing vehicle for client related outings.
Reporting maintenance issues or damage promptly to the Maintenance Department.
Monitoring the condition of vehicles including interior/exterior damage and mileage.
Verifying Gas Cards are returned and audits purchases to ensure they are within limits of documented trip.
• Responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of kitchen, restrooms and administration office.
• Assists employees with use of copy machine, fax machine, and general office help.
• Provides support to Advancement Department by assisting with mailings, gift recording and acknowledgement of gifts.
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, employee and agency information.
• Trains new employees and maintains voicemail system.
• Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, providing assistance with word processing, copying, faxing and filing.
• Signs for and distributes UPS/FedEx or similarly delivered packages to appropriate personnel.
• Prepares and processes outgoing mail to include: accurate weighing; coding, sorting, affixing postage, properly addressing, preparing certified/overnight/return receipt mail and purchasing additional postage via postage by phone.
• Ensures timely distribution of incoming mail and faxes.
• Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Takes pride and ownership in Damar’s facilities and assigned work areas.
• Attends mandatory staff meeting and other meetings as assigned.
• Completes and updates mandatory training and other licensure related items in a timely manner.
• Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
• Completes incident reports, including reporting any suspected exploitation, abuse, or neglect of a client.
• Ensures that the agency meets its quality improvement, evaluation and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in and/or oversees data collection and the use of data to improve outcomes, practices and service delivery.
• Utilizes data collection in relation to driving and tracking outcomes and achieving agency initiatives and goals.
• Assist with other clerical duties as needed.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Assists immediate supervisor in researching major office purchases and provides cost analysis for approval.
• Seeks the best use of materials, equipment and staff to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
• Acts as a good steward of Damar and/or client finances.
• Provides quality customer service by answering all incoming calls and routing each call to the appropriate person, forward to voice mail, and/or record and distribute written messages.
• Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Respects the culture, diversity and rights of all clients, their families and the community.
• Shows initiative by identifying solutions to work towards improving stakeholder satisfaction.
Growth and Transformation
• Prioritizes duties in a manner consistent with organizational objectives and growth.
• Ability to follow and execute specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to promote and maintain positive interaction with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, at least 30 lbs.
• Must be people-oriented and team player.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and immediate typing skills.
• Demonstrate respect for cultural, ethnic, spiritual and linguistic diversity and values including differences in personal goals, lifestyle choices and varying family backgrounds and histories
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Minimum age of 21 depending on program and / or department requirements.
• Valid Indiana driver’s license and driving record that meets eligibility requirements of Damar’s insurance carrier (for all positions requiring driving).
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of program(s) assigned to.
• Professional phone voice and telephone etiquette.
Job Posting Title: Ambassador (Front Desk Coordinator / Reception) Weekends only 7:30 AM to 11:30 PM
External Company Name: Damar Services, Inc.
External Company URL: www.damar.org
Street: 6067 Decatur Boulevard