The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Inside Service Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
As an Inside Service Technician you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers location and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for the commercial trucking industry including but not limited to:
- Dismount and mount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
- Remove tires for retreading or repair.
- Match mating of dual assemblies.
- Inflation of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Proper execution of required billing documents. Job duties will be performed at the Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers location. This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected. Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- At least 3 months of relevant service experience is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is The Law