Progress Rail Services Corp. Manufacturing Engineering Liaison - 2nd Shift in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3430BR
Posting Title: Manufacturing Engineering Liaison - 2nd Shift
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Manufacturing Engineer II’s are responsible to provide operations technical support in the relentless pursuit of world class manufacturing performance with respect to People, Quality, Velocity and Cost (PQVC).
The Manufacturing Engineer II will apply their engineering skills to manufacturing processes for the fabrication, welding, machining and assembly of locomotives and locomotive components.
Key Job Elements
demonstrate the capacity to apply engineering theory to the manufacturing environment and are able to work autonomously. ME II’s typically support one value stream and have demonstrated a thirst for learning and expanded responsibility.
Progress Rail’s Manufacturing Engineer II serves as the technical link between Product Design Engineering and Manufacturing Operations leadership. Their function is to develop, maintain and continuously improve processes, equipment and methods which transform raw material into finished products that meet Progress Rail’s Locomotive design requirements and customers’ expectations. The Manufacturing Engineer II primary duties and responsibilities are technical in nature and span a broad range of skills in the field of Engineering. Progress Rail MEII’s provide support all aspects of operations, and may specialize within the fields of Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Weld Engineering as detailed below.
Education / Training
· Degree in any of the Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience.
· 1-5 years’ work experience in heavy manufacturing environment.
Qualifications and Experience
· Strong analytical ability to evaluate and understand complex systems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Good Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with a diverse workforce.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Able to multi task and prioritize work.
· Skilled in the use of basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to use CAD software as necessary as part of job responsibilities.
· Strong working knowledge of the ERP system.
· Demonstrated ability to translate engineering theory into tangible actions that enable the safe production of quality products that meet customer requirements.
· Able to work in a fast paced, fluid work environment.
· Application of lean manufacturing principles in daily job function.
· Ability to lead projects independently.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities