Universal Forest Products 2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic in Nappanee, Indiana
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 year of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
- Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and control technology, and welding.
- Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal and a calculator.
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrates ability to read blue prints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals.
- Demonstrates ability to use precision measuring instruments or tools, and to use manual tools.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
Assists in repair of woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
Orders supplies and parts as required.
Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
Maintains records of repair and maintenance activities.
Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
Maintains work area clean and organized
Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
If assigned to Treating Department, performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
Prepares various reports as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled