Penske Facility Maintenance Supervisor in Shelbyville, Indiana
The Facility Maintenance Supervisor will oversee and coordinate the workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation, HVAC, Refrigeration and other building systems within our distribution facility. Evaluate problematic systems or facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed. Assist in hiring, training, organizing schedules and assigning work activity. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
· Assign and schedule work tasks with other facility technicians in a team oriented environment.
· Perform initial evaluations of building systems and distribute work assignments.
· Evaluate each workers’ performance to ensure quality operations; investigate accidents and prepare relevant reports.
· Work with the Maintenance Planner to evaluate needs for all scheduled and non-scheduled work requests and special projects as needed.
· Coordinate and follow up on preventative maintenance on HVAC, Refrigeration/Freezer units, mobile equipment, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors, dock levelers and other mechanical systems.
· Coordinate and assist in general repairs involving basic electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
· Coordinate and follow up on incidental carpentry, masonry, painting and plaster work.
· Read blueprints and plan projects to complete assigned tasks.
· Coordinate and follow up on racking repairs of various degrees.
· Review and maintain maintenance logs and performs other documentation necessary to the task performed.
· Disposes of Hazardous Material in accordance with established OSHA procedures.
· Maintains integrity of rack system, coordinating and assisting in any and all repairs to uprights, crossbeams, shelf trays,
· Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates within the scope of the position.
· 5 years of verifiable experience.
· HS diploma or equivalent required, college or technical certificates preferred.
· Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people.
· Knowledge of Basic Electricity & Electronics (BEE) and Troubleshooting required.
· Knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic Troubleshooting.-Knowledge of HVAC Technology required.
· Ammonia refrigeration experience preferred.
· RETA certification preferred.
· Considerable knowledge in Blueprint/Schematic reading.
· Considerable skills in operating power tools.
· Working skills of welding fundamentals preferred.
· Working knowledge of applied mathematics.
· Considerable skills in Maintenance mechanics.
· Ability to operate warehouse equipment (Hi-lift, RC, Pallet Jack, etc.)
· Considerable knowledge of Safety practices.
· Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
· Equivalent combination of training, education and experience in facility maintenance.
· Ability to understand written and oral instruction
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 4301 N 125 W Shelbyville, IN
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Shelbyville
Req ID: 1808406