HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Regsitered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab PRN in Terre Haute, Indiana
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab PRN
/$5/hour on-call rate/ /$100/day weekend only on-call coverage bonus/
/30 minute response time required - if outside response area housing at hospital can be arranged!/
We are looking for compassionate and skilled nursing professionals to join our close-knit Cardiac Cath Lab team! Previous Cath Lab RN experience preferred. You have two PRN options available:
Option A – Available to work one 8 hour shift per two week schedule and available to take call 3 days per 2 week schedule and one weekend per month.
Option B (Call Only) – Available to take call 5 days per 2 week schedule and two weekend per month
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
/We’re more than a hospital, we’re a family!/ * /Current Terre Haute Regional Hospital employees are eligible for a $2,500 Employee Referral Bonus for the FT Cath Lab RN and Tech positions or a $1,000 referral bonus for PRN Cath Lab RN or Tech positions!/ * Awesome educational resources, matching 401(k) plan, caring culture and supportive team. * You'll have dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth * First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center * Level II Trauma Center * Regional Hospital recently earned a 6th- consecutive 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings * Regional received two awards from Healthgrades in 2017. The Outstanding Patient Experience Award which recognized the hospital as among the top 15% of hospitals nationwide, and the Patient Safety Excellence Award, places Regional among the 10 10% of hospitals.
/_Position responsibilities: _/
* Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
* Understands Hemodynamic monitoring, use of the WITT monitoring system
* Assists with the insertion and setting up/monitoring IABP
* Ability to function as a Circulator and Monitoring RN as needed
* Participates on department or hospital wide CQI Projects * Maintains competency of Basic Hemodynamics, Basic Dysrhythmia, Critical Care, 12 Lead EKG and IABP * Abstracts data for American College of Cardiology (ACC) * Submits ACC data timely and meets all submission deadlines. * Abstracts ICD data for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). * Submits ICD data timely and meets all submission deadlines * Understands and is proficient in the utilization of Luminex; software for data entering data * Assists in collecting and disseminating reports to the appropriate committees and staff members regarding ACC, ICD initiatives * Performs efficiently with Meditech, maintaining ongoing training and proficiency * Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department * Attends and demonstrates an understanding of Code of Conduct * Demonstrates conduct that is reflective of THRH’s commitment to HCA’s Code of Conduct * Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served * Adheres to the Standards of Behavior for Terre Haute Regional Hos
Essential educational/licensure, skills and experience: * Current Indiana RN licensure. * Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. * ACLS, and NIHSS certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire date. Certification must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital. * TCAT course completion within 12 months of hire date. * Previous Critical Care, ER or Cath Lab experience preferred * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. * Great teamwork between all staff/units and shifts.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Regsitered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab PRN
Location: Indiana-Terre Haute-Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00097-5872